Lentil Pomegranate Salad
SIDE: LENTIL POMEGRANATE SALAD
This festive hearty salad includes low GI foods, such as lentils and pomegranate, and makes a great addition to any holiday dinner.
- 4 cups spinach (or other salad green of choice)
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Dash of salt and pepper
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon/lime juice, thyme, honey, cumin, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl combine spinach, lentils, toasted walnuts, onion and pomegranate seeds.
- Mix the vinaigrette with the salad ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by Effie Viguiliouk, MSc