Chicken with Hearty Rice and Kale Sauté
- 1 bunch of kale
- 200 g brown rice with lentils
- 1 gem squash or squash of choice
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp light margarine
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp honey
- Spray and Cook non-stick spray
- Boiled water
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Boil rice and lentils in salt water until cooked.
- Cut gem squash into 2 halves, boil in salted water until soft.
- Margarine may be added into gem squash halves.
- Dice the inside of the squash and scoop out of skin.
- Set aside.
- Spray pan with Spray and Cook.
- Add chicken, water, lemon juice, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to pan.
- Cook chicken till soft.
- Cut into strips.
- Rinse kale and pat dry with paper towel.
- Rough chop into bite sized pieces
- Add tablespoon of oil to non stick pan and cook kale over med heat.
- Toss while cooking and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Kale will shrink and get vibrant green.
- Plate kale on 4 plates.
- Sprinkle with cooked rice and lentils.
- Divide squash over plates.
- Divide chicken over plates.
- Sprinkle with pecans and serve.