Coconut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl combine your oats, coconut, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir to combine.
- Add egg, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut oil. Stir to combine. Allow to sit for a minute or 2 to allow the oats to soak up some of the moisture.
- Add you chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Use a tablespoon measuring spoon and scoop cookies onto parchment lined sheet. These cookies don’t melt or spread, so shape them how you would like before placing in the oven.
- Bake for approx. 15 mins until slightly golden and crispy on the edges.
- Allow to cool completely before lifting from baking sheet.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week . . . if they last that long.