Homemade Healthy Cinnamon Oatmeal
HEALTH TIP: Use unripe, green bananas for low GI. (Bananas with any brown on the peel are high GI)
- 1/2 cup whole oats (non-instant)
- 3 parts water to one part oats
- 1 teaspoon seeds (sunflower, sesame or pumpkin seeds)
- monk fruit sweetener to taste (2 teaspoons max)
- dash of salt (to taste)
- Place the oats and water in a pot.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce heat to let it gently simmer, stirring often.
- Allow the oats to thicken and the oat flakes to soften.
- Stir in the seeds.
- Serve into bowl, adding salt, monk fruit and cinnamon according to taste.
Optional: Garnish with a few berries, nuts and unripe bananas