Salsa Lime Chicken
- 2 pieces skinless, boneless chicken breast cutlets
- 1 yellow squash
- 6-8 mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp poultry seasoning
- 1½ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ½ cup parsley
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1½ dashes pepper
- 1 dash salt
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 2½ Italian roma tomatoes
- 2 large zucchini
- 30 ml white wine
- To prepare, slice zucchini and yellow squash into 2.5 cm sections.
- Dice tomatoes. Mince garlic, parsley, scallions and cilantro.
- Combine diced tomatoes with cilantro, scallions, salt and pepper to create salsa topping.
- Season chicken breast cutlets with seasoning, paprika and parsley. Begin to warm garlic & extra virgin olive oil in sauté pan.
- When garlic aromas become apparent, add seasoned chicken cutlets and add white wine.
- Sauté chicken in pan until chicken is ¾ done. At that point, add zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, and lime juice. Cover and steam until vegetables reach desired texture.
- Remove chicken and vegetables when cutlets reach a caramelized texture.
- Plate chicken and vegetables, and finish by adding desired amount of salsa to the top of chicken. Enjoy!