- 1 large potato with skin, boiled and mashed
- 1 cup mixed vegetables
- 60 g extra lean ground beef
- 5 ml oil
- 10 ml light margarine or butter
- ½ tsp garlic
- Boiled water
- Salt and pepper
- Low-fat milk
- Cook ground beef and garlic in oil until golden brown.
- Add a little water to create a sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper and herbs of choice.
- Add mixed vegetables and allow to simmer.
- Pour mixture into a deep oven-proof container.
- Add low-fat milk, margarine, salt and pepper to make mashed potato
- Spread potato mixture over meat mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned.