- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp distilled white vinegar
- 500 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp sliced green onions
- 2 tbsp lite soy sauce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp grated ginger root
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into pieces
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch, honey and red pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the olive oil and rotate the skillet until completely covered.
- Add the chicken, garlic and ginger root.
- Continue cooking for 6 minutes or until chicken is cooked throughout.
- Add the bell pepper pieces and continue cooking for an additional minute.
- Pour the broth mixture to the skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until the sauce has thickened.
- Sprinkle evenly with green onions.
Use in wraps, on salads, or as your protein in a balanced Low GI dinner.