Split Pea and Barley Soup
- 80 g raw pearl barley
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 100 g baby marrow zucchini, sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 100 g corn kernels
- 200 g carrots, cubed
- 400 g split peas, cooked
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Place pearl barley in a large saucepan and add vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and bring to the boil again and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the split peas and heat thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle the parsley over the hot soup and serve immediately.