Spring Vegetable Penne
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 250 g peas or sugar snap peas
- 150 g edamame
- 500 g penne pasta (choose whole-wheat, spinach or brown pasta as a better choice)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 60 g grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Extra: Add a spoon of pesto
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil.
- Add asparagus, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add peas, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl and set aside.
- Add pasta to the boiling water and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- Place pasta in the bowl with asparagus and peas. Toss with olive oil, parmesan, salt and pepper (add the extra pesto if desired).