- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 1 dash freshly ground pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 10 plum tomatoes
- fresh basil
- 1/4 red pepper sliced
- Heat oven to Broil
- Heat olive oil on medium heat on the stove, in an oven proof or cast iron skillet.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent, just starting to turn golden in colour, about 6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook over low heat until the liquid evaporates, about 40 minutes.
- Add the peppers about 20 minutes after you add the tomatoes.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl until well blended. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add the eggs to the pan and cook over medium heat until the bottom of the eggs is set and the top is starting to set.
- Add fresh chopped basil.
- Remove from heat as soon as the eggs begin to set on top and place in oven to broil. Watch oven closely as this will only take a minute or two.
- Slice and serve. Serves 2.